Dedication You Need, Results You Deserve.
  • $6.5 Million Construction Accident/Premises Liability
  • $18 Million Car
  • $17.55 Million Trucking Accident Brain Injury
  • $7.2 Million Product Liability Vehicle/Brain Injury

What to Do When Injured in a Car Accident

Car accidents aren’t just painful—they can be confusing, too. You could be seriously injured, and yet you’ll still have to deal with the insurance companies, police, and other parties involved in your crash.

You’ll be left wondering what to do when injured in a car accident, and it may be difficult to get answers. But with The Kindley Firm, APC, you can get the help you need to get back to your life and on the road to recovery.

Contact Your Insurance Company

Your actual first step after a car accident should be to seek medical attention. Chances are you were on your way to the hospital shortly after your accident, if for nothing but observation and exams.

Once you’re ready to begin, however, you’ll need to contact your insurance company. The insurer will need to know about the accident, including where and when it took place, the other driver’s information, and his or her insurance company.

Your insurance company may also be able to help you get back on your feet. Some companies offer programs to help you recover while you wait for a settlement from the other insurer. Your insurer will also need this information to begin its investigation into the accident.  

Calculate Your Damages

Once you’ve made the initial call to the insurers, it’s best to know what compensation you can expect and what expenses you’ve already incurred. A car crash injury can cause a large number of damages. Each injury can multiply the damages you’ve suffered.

For example, for a traumatic brain injury like a concussion or a skull fracture, these are some of the damages you may need to seek:

  • Medical expenses for surgery or therapy
  • Lost wages
  • Mental trauma from loss of function

Be sure to calculate all expenses you’ve suffered from your injuries. Damages can easily pile up and make your life overwhelmingly difficult.

Call a Car Accident Attorney for Help

If you have no idea what to do after you’ve been injured in a car accident, give The Kindley Firm, APC, a call. We’ve handled plenty of crash cases, and we know what you need to get your life back on track.

Give us a call or message for a free consultation. We want you to know that we’re right for you before you sign anything. For more information, call us at 619-550-1313 or fill out the online contact form below.



  • No fees unless we win
  • No obligation to continue beyond the case review
  • Get all your legal questions answered
Nameyour full name
Phone Numberyour full name
Tell us about your casemore details
0 /
FormCraft - WordPress form builder

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!

Please upgrade today!

Schedule A Free Consultation

Start live chat with our team?