Don’t let a collision with a commercial truck wreck your financial future. Let a San Diego truck crash lawyer help you get the compensation you deserve.
Victims of truck collisions are likely to suffer serious physical and psychological wounds, which can ultimately result in sky-high medical bills and other long-term financial problems. After your accident, it’s important to take legal action to get the compensation you need and deserve.
Why is competent legal representation so important? Insurance companies will make every attempt possible to reduce the compensation you receive after your San Diego truck crash.
Insurers may try to get you to provide a statement that downplays your injuries or suggests the crash was your fault. They may also make a low settlement offer that won’t cover all your needs right out of the gate.
Enlisting the help of a San Diego truck accident attorney from the outset can help ensure that you’ll get fair compensation for your semi-truck or 18-wheeler collision.
To receive compensation for your injuries, you and your lawyer will have to be able to demonstrate that someone else’s negligence caused your truck crash. While fault can be attributed to the truck driver in many cases, it’s not always that simple.
That’s because several other parties can be at fault in commercial truck wrecks. The following factors could help prove the fault of another party in your San Diego truck accident:
Naming the correct party in your claim is a crucial step in getting the compensation you deserve. Also, naming all the responsible parties will help maximize the compensation you receive.
One provision in California law that can complicates matters is the concept of pure comparative negligence. Essentially, comparative negligence means multiple parties can share the blame for a collision, regardless of how small of a role each party played.
In other words, the truck driver could be found 90 percent responsible for your collision, and you may be left with the remaining 10 percent. In that case, you would receive 10 percent less compensation than you would have if you hadn’t been blamed at all.
A qualified San Diego truck accident injury lawyer can show why you shouldn’t be blamed for your 18-wheeler crash and how your injuries have negatively affected your life.
To receive compensation, you will need to prove that the truck accident caused serious losses for you. Your San Diego truck crash lawyer will help you compile a list of all the ways your 18-wheeler accident has affected your life.
After a truck crash, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the following damages:
To build your case, you and your attorney will need to evaluate the exact nature of your physical and psychological injuries. Proof of the severity of your injuries will help dictate the amount of compensation you receive.
Semi-truck crashes can lead to a host of serious injuries, including the following:
As you pursue compensation for your truck accident injuries, you’re likely going to have some questions. We have the answers.
We’ve answered some of the most common questions victims have about San Diego truck accident injury claims below. Your attorney will be able to answer any other questions you have.
Your San Diego truck collision lawyer will want to collect as much evidence as possible to strengthen your claim for compensation. Evidence your attorney will examine may include witness statements, medical records that prove your injuries, the police report related to your crash, and photos and videos of the accident.
You can name all the parties that were responsible for your truck accident in your injury claim. Because the trucking industry is large and complex, you may find that several parties played a part in causing the accident.
Possible negligent parties include the truck driver, the trucking company, the cargo loader, the manufacturer of a defective truck part, and the government agency tasked with maintaining safe roads.
You’ll only need to go to court if the trucking company or insurer won’t offer an adequate settlement out of court. However, the other side is often motivated to settle out of court because the compensation amount awarded in court is often higher than what a settlement would have included.
The impact of a semi-truck or 18-wheeler crash can shake you to your core and smash your sense of physical and financial wellbeing. If the truck accident that injured you wasn’t your fault, you deserve compensation, but you’ll likely have to face a large trucking company and reluctant insurance company to get it.
That’s where The Kindley Firm, APC, can help. We’ll do the heavy lifting for your truck injury claim so you can rest easy and focus on recovering.
To schedule a free consultation with a San Diego truck accident lawyer, give us a call at 619-550-1313 or head to the bottom of this page to fill out our online contact form.